Friday, March 17, 2017

Moral Dilemma Lit. Circles

A moral dilemma is a problem where you have to choose between doing one thing and another, mostly right or wrong.
The moral dilemma in my book, Under the Same Sky, by Cynthia DeFelice, was that the main character, Joe, could turn in three illegal migrant workers at his dad's farm, or does he want to keep it a secret to keep his friends? Joe solved it by deciding to keep his friends a secret and doing the right thing.
My other book, Nothing But the Truth by Avi, is about a boy named Philip who sang during the national anthem at school. He got suspended for two days. He claimed that it was out of patriotism, though. His moral dilemma was, is this breaking the rules? Or did he do the right thing? I did not finish this book, so I don't know how he solved it.
I had a lot of fun doing lit. circles in GOAL this year. I got to read books I've never heard of before!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the moral dilemma in Under the Same Sky. Each option has its possible consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of the moral dilemmas in those books, I think that there are many options as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had to predict what Philip would do in the ending for Nothing But the Truth, what would you say. I really like what you said the moral dilemmas were.

    ReplyDelete